CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 20, 2010

HELP


So, Mae has a really bad cough. It is really harsh sounding. I feel so helpless. She had a slight fever so I gave her some Tylenol and we have a humidifier in her room. She also threw up tonight, I am hoping that was a fluke thing because she was coughing right before. But she really threw up, i mean pretty much everything, and it was actual throw up and not just spit up. :( Do any of you know any tricks to helping her get better faster? It is the saddest thing when your infant is sick and there is really nothing more you can do for them. Any suggestions would be GREAT!! I want this healthy happy baby back!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My friends little girl has coughing attacks and she always throws up right after. I recommend letting a really hot shower run and let Mae be in the bathroom with the door closed to breathe the air in. It helps a lot! Give her lots of fluids especially after coughs to remoisten her throat. You can use a humidifier in the room Mae is in and that helps too. Make sure she gets her sleep and most of the time you just have to wait it out. Each sickness builds up her immunity to be able to fight off worse sicknesses later. So sickness actually has a benefit even though it sucks going through it.

Tahnee said...

Elyza has been sick a bunch this winter season..coughs, throw up, stuffy/runny noses! If you get saline drops (Little noses is the brand in the pharmacy section of walmart or target) and just drip those in her nose it helps break up the mucus so that she can breath and helps with the phlegm from coughs :) Plus its totally safe and you can use them however often you need!